From developing your budget to signing your name on the dotted line, learn more about the home buying process.
Buying a home can be one of the most exciting experiences of your life. This can be true whether you’ve purchased several homes or you’re preparing to buy for the first time. With the right support system and the help of a trusted RE/MAX® professional, you can make the most informed decisions.
My guide breaks down the steps of buying a home so you can start the process feeling confident and prepared. From developing your budget to signing your name on the dotted line, you’ll find helpful tips right here. Plus, I am here to help every step of the way.
Why Do You Need a Buyer's Agent?
If you are looking to buy in today’s real estate market and take advantage of the record-breaking low mortgage interest rates – and you definitely should if you’re ready – you’ll want a buyer’s agent who can help you put your best offer forward.
As a buyer’s agent, it is my job to guide each client through every step of the home buying process. It's also my job to keep you safe during your journey, especially during the pandemic.
Here are the Facts
Navigating the purchase of a home is complicated. The proper representation will save you money. In the state of North Carolina, agents are required to represent the interests of the seller until an agent is contracted to represent you, the buyer. In contrast, for a buyer’s agent, the sole focus will be to represent you. By advising and advocating throughout the entire home buying process, I ensure that your interests are protected from start to finish. While we tour homes (and you get excited about the kitchen counters and magnificent flooring), I’ll make sure that you also see the things that are easily overlooked. Once you find your dream home, we'll make an offer. I’ll help you submit a solid offer and make sure you understand the details of the contract – protecting your interest.
What Do I Offer to Buyers?
Here's what I deliver for buyers
- Take the time to discuss what is most important to you in a future property. Which properties are most likely to appreciate? Which homes are in good school districts? Lower taxed areas? Have an easy work commute? Live close to the ocean? etc.) and provides insight about neighborhoods, school systems, sales trends, etc. for your consideration.
- Evaluate all viable active listings and carefully selects properties that best accommodate your needs and preferences, within a defined budget.
- Directly contact the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) to arrange for a hand-picked list of showings that optimizes geographic locale and works within your time constraints.
- Provide not-readily available and obtainable information about local properties that will help you narrow your search and identify your top choices.
- Evaluate the current market conditions and advises you on the best offering price for a prospective property.
- Handle the ins and outs of the negotiation process, including the preparation of all necessary forms, when making an offer and/or counteroffer.
- Explain and monitor the “due diligence” period and pending property inspection of a potential property.
- Review property inspection reports ensuring that all repairs deemed necessary are identified and completed.
- Suggest how to handle any repairs needed on the property and/or leverages these in the negotiation process
At What Cost to You?
You, the buyer, pay absolutely NOTHING. A buyer’s agent’s commission is derived from the percentage that has already been contractually allotted to the selling agent. Bottom line? The seller pays the commission. You can’t afford to have a buyer’s agent. Commissions are established because marketing, buying, and selling real estate is a work-intensive process. Somebody is going to get the commission. It may as well be somebody who works exclusively for you.
The Tools to Help You Find Your Home
Once you’ve defined your home search goals, discussed them with your RE/MAX agent, and have spoken with a mortgage professional to see what your buying power is — you’re ready to find your dream home! In addition to my local knowledge as a real estate agent, I offer online tools that can help make your initial search as easy as possible.
Find a Home Using My Interactive Map Search
I know that location plays an important role in the home buying process. Use the map search available on my website to view homes located in or near the area you love.
Get to Know the Neighborhood
Feel confident and informed about your neighborhood choice! On any listing page, you can learn more about the communities you are interested in, including a breakdown of the local population, school ratings and more.
Create an Account on My Website
Sign up for an account on my website to save searches, favorite homes you love, receive real time property alerts, and more!
Download My RE/MAX Mobile App
Available for iOS and Android devices, my app brings the same experience found on my website to your smartphone or tablet. Save searches, favorite listings and schedule showings — all while on the go!